This Outside magazine article is a handy guide for travelers coming to the Great Smoky Mountains. From planning tips to information on when and where to go and what to do, this travel guide is a great place to start when planning your Smoky Mountain vacation. Even frequent Smokies visitors may learn new ideas to enhance their trips.
Travel Guide Topics
- What You Need to Know Before Visiting (planning tips, seasonal weather, crowds)
- How to Get There (location and nearby towns)
- When Is the Best Time of Year to Visit the Smokies? (each season has its benefits)
- Where to Stay in the Great Smoky Mountains (campgrounds? Skip this section and stay at Smokies Cabins!)
- What to Do While You’re There (driving, cycling, fishing, hiking, history, rafting and kayaking)
- The Best Places to Eat and Drink Around the Smokies (Townsend’s Burger Master is featured)
- If You Have Time for a Detour (Cherokee, Bryson City, Pigeon Forge, and Maggie Valley are recommended)
See the travel guide article here: https://www.outsideonline.com/2402624/great-smoky-mountains-national-park-travel-guide
For year-round lodging only 3 miles from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, see www.smokiescabins.com. Ask about February and March 2020 discounts.
Submit your review