Welcome to your own Smoky Mountain retreat!
Hideaway on the Creek is a beautifully restored, cozy log cabin on 1.42 acres with a creek flowing in the front yard. Hideaway offers wooded privacy in every direction and an ideal location only 3/4 mile from Hwy 321, near the center of Townsend, 3.5 miles from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Many of our guests comment about how quiet and secluded Hideaway’s setting is.
One bedroom, spacious 30- x 12-foot living/dining room with wood-burning fireplace, well-equipped kitchen, and full bath are all on one level (the upper level; the lower level is for storage only). The beautifully remodeled kitchen features a custom-designed stained glass backsplash, quartz countertops, new cabinets, and antique Hoosier hutch/cabinet. Hideaway has new solid hardwood floors throughout.
The cabin is newly decorated with antiques, comfortable furnishings, new memory foam mattress, and local works of art. Our unique décor reflects the natural beauty and serenity of the Smoky Mountain setting.
Our guests are surprised to find the many extras that make Hideaway on the Creek truly feel like a home away from home.
Relax in the hammock by the creek, grill out on the large, new deck, or listen to the creek from the covered front porch. One of the first vacation rental cabins in Townsend, Hideaway has been lovingly maintained and renovated over the years.
Pets are welcome.
Inquire or Get a Quote
- No smoking inside (smoking allowed outside only, with butts disposed of properly)
- Pets welcome (with fee)
- Secluded, wooded view
- Spacious, furnished deck with charcoal grill
- Covered, furnished front porch overlooking creek
- Hammock in the shade by creek
- Easy access and parking for two cars
- Sleeps up to 3
- 1 bedroom with queen bed with memory foam mattress and protection from bed bugs and allergens, with pillows, mattress, and box springs encased in protective covers
- 1 twin rollaway bed
- Linens provided
- Port-a-crib and pack ‘n play available upon request
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Wood provided
- Full equipped kitchen
- Newly remodeled in 2016
- Ceramic-top range and oven
- Full size refrigerator and freezer
- Coffee maker and tea kettle
- Blender and mixer
- Plenty of dishes, utensils, cookware, bakeware
- Basic spices, detergents, cleaning supplies, and ample paper products
- Vienna gourmet coffee, roasted and ground here in Blount County, and a selection of teas
- Iron and ironing board
- Full bath
- Spa-grade, eco-friendly toiletries
- Towels provided
- Complementary WiFi
- Roku streaming TV with 20 channels including Netflix and Amazon Prime
- DVD player and DVDs
- Local guides/maps
- Novels and magazines
- Games and puzzles
Rental Agreement and Policies
Fees, Additional Rate and Availability Information
- Base rates are for up to 2 people; add $10/night for additional people.
- Add $50 cleaning fee for stays of 2-3 nights.
- Pet fee: $75/1 pet, $100/2 pets, $125/3 pets.
- Payment schedule: Deposit of 50% is due at time of reservation. Remaining balance is to be paid in full 14 days before arrival date. If rental date is within 14 days of reservation, the full amount is due at registration.
- Cancellation: We have set aside your desired dates for you and may have turned away potential guests who have called since you booked.
- More than 30 days before your arrival date: 100% refund (less a $30 administrative fee) or a 100% credit towards another date
- 30 days or less before your arrival date: 80% refund if we are able to rerent the chalet for the same dates
- Failure to pay the balance in full by the due date may result in the loss of your deposit and a cancellation of your reservation.
- We do not refund deposits or payments in the event of inclement weather, unless highways or roads leading to the property (within 10 miles) are closed, in which case we will credit any deposit/payment to another date.
Hideaway on the creek is proud to have been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2018.
TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence has been the mark of quality for hotels and attractions worldwide since 2010.