Welcome to your own Smoky Mountain retreat!
Owl’s Hoot is a contemporary western cedar home with an all-glass prow front overlooking a 5 acre meadow and Rich Mountain. The main level offers a spacious, open kitchen/living/dining room combination with cathedral ceiling, wood-burning fireplace, and massive windows. Create simple snacks or fabulous family feasts in the well-equipped, thoughtfully stocked kitchen. Two charming, recently redecorated bedrooms and a full bath with skylight round out the main level.
Upstairs, the open-loft master bedroom features a queen sleigh bed, plus a unique circa-1800s sleigh daybed. A luxurious garden bath is adjacent, with a skylight and 2-person, 7-jet Jacuzzi surrounded by tropical plants.
Owl’s Hoot is a comfortable, well-appointed home…not another cookie-cutter, look-alike, strip-down rental unit. It is tastefully decorated with local works of art, antiques, comfortable furnishings, and thoughtful amenities for the discerning traveler. Our unique décor reflects the natural beauty and serenity of the mountain setting. We lovingly redecorated Owl’s Hoot in 2012 with comfy new living room and master bedroom furnishings. Our guests are surprised to find the many extras that make Owl’s Hoot truly feel like a home away from home.
Let your pets and kids roam on the gated wrap-around deck. Enjoy a picnic or glass of wine in the private pavilion. Listen for the owls calling to and fro late at night. Bask in the serenity of the meadow. And enjoy our private gazebo by the creek. This natural area is the ideal playground for children and pets!
Inquire or Get a Quote
- No smoking inside (smoking allowed outside only, with butts disposed of properly)
- Pets welcome (with fee)
- Handicapped friendly – wheelchair accessible
- Secluded, wooded view
- Spacious, wrap-around furnished deck with gates to contain children and pets
- Covered, furnished pavilion with charcoal grill and porch swing
- 5-acre meadow with gazebo
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Wood provided
- Easy access and level parking
- Sleeps up to 8
- 1 downstairs bedroom with queen bed
- 1 downstairs bedroom with 2 twin beds
- Loft bedroom with queen bed and antique daybed
- Sleeper sofa (queen), plus memory foam topper
- All beds have memory foam mattresses and protection from bed bugs and allergens, with pillows, mattresses and box springs encased in protective covers
- Port-a-crib and pack ‘n play
- Towels and linens provided
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Ceramic-top range and oven
- Full size refrigerator and freezer
- Coffee maker and tea kettle
- Blender and mixer
- Plenty of dishes, utensils, cookware, bakeware, crock pot, etc.
- Basic spices, detergents, cleaning supplies, and ample paper products
- Vienna gourmet coffee, roasted and ground here in Blount County, and a selection of teas
- Washer and dryer, iron
- 2 spacious baths
- 1 with indoor Jacuzzi
- Both with skylights
- Spa-grade, eco-friendly toiletries
- Complimentary WiFi
- 3 Satellite TVs and DVD player
- Local guides/maps
- Novels, magazines, DVDs
- Games, puzzles, and toys
Rental Agreement and Policies
Fees, Additional Rate and Availability Information
- Base rates are for up to 4 people; add $10/night for additional people.
- Add $60 cleaning fee for stays of 2-3 nights.
- Pet fee: $75/1 pet, $100/2 pets, $125/3 pets.
- Payment schedule: Deposit of 50% is due at time of reservation. Remaining balance is to be paid in full 14 days before arrival date. If rental date is within 14 days of reservation, the full amount is due at registration.
- Cancellation: We have set aside your desired dates for you and may have turned away potential guests who have called since you booked.
- More than 30 days before your arrival date: 100% refund (less a $30 administrative fee) or a 100% credit towards another date.
30 days or less before your arrival date: 80% refund if we are able to rerent the chalet for the same dates
Failure to pay the balance in full by the due date may result in the loss of your deposit and a cancellation of your reservation.
We do not refund deposits or payments in the event of inclement weather, unless highways or roads leading to the property (within 10 miles) are closed, in which case we will credit any deposit/payment to another date.
Owl’s Hoot is proud to have been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2018.
TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence has been the mark of quality for hotels and attractions worldwide since 2010.