What could be more romantic than getting away from work, chores, and even the kids to shower your partner with love and attention…in a peaceful, natural setting of the Smoky Mountains? But what will you do once you get there? Here are five ideas for romantic adventures and quiet nights together in Townsend, TN.
This year Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday, and many people are off the following Monday for President’s Day. Did someone say “Three-Day Weekend”?!
Romantic Ideas for Valentine’s Day (or Anyday!)
- Enjoy an amorous dinner at Townsend’s premiere dining venue: The Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro (https://dancingbearlodge.com/townsend-tn-restaurants). True to the farm-to-table experience, the Appalachian Bistro uses fresh produce grown onsite and sources high-quality local ingredients to create dishes that are as inviting to the eye as they are to the palate. Be sure to make a reservation early. Other good options are Sullivan’s, The Walnut Kitchen, and Foothills Milling Company, all in nearby Maryville.
- Sample some local wines at Cades Cove Cellars in Townsend (https://www.cadescovecellars.com/), which offers tastings everyday. Or drive a little farther to the Rocky Top Wine Trail in Pigeon Forge (https://rockytopwineries.com/).
- Catch a sunset along the Foothills Parkway, between Walland and Wears Valley, just a few miles from Smokies Cabins. The overlooks face west and are prime locations for sunset watching. From here you will see the sun slowly dip below the Cumberland Plateau off in the distance.
- Prepare a special culinary treat for your honey in Smokies Cabins’ well-stocked, well-equipped kitchens. Everything you need (except the food, of course) is provided, including locally roasted Vienna Coffee, an assortment of spices and teas, and plenty of cookware and utensils.
- Play a spirited board game or watch a romantic movie by a warm fire, cuddled up with your Valentine on the comfy leather sofa. Or stroll hand-in-hand through our special mountain meadow, looking into the woods of Rich Mountain. By mid-February, daffodils and forsythia may be blooming and trees may be budding.
What are your favorite romantic activities in the Smokies? Comment below and keep it clean 😉
As of the date of this posting, Owl’s Hoot Chalet is still available for Valentine’s Day. Mention this blog post for 10% off a 3-night stay on Valentine’s Day or anytime in February. See www.smokiescabins.com for more information.
Submit your review