Welcome to your own Smoky Mountain retreat!
Owl’s Hoot Chalet is a contemporary western cedar home with an all-glass prow front overlooking a 5-acre meadow and Rich Mountain. The main level offers a spacious, open kitchen/living/dining room combination with cathedral ceiling, wood-burning fireplace, and massive windows. Create simple snacks or fabulous family feasts in the well-equipped, thoughtfully stocked kitchen, remodeled in spring 2022 with custom blue cabinets and premium quartz countertops. Two charming bedrooms and a full bath with skylight round out the main level.
Upstairs, the open-loft master bedroom features a queen sleigh bed, plus a unique circa-1800s sleigh daybed. A luxurious garden bath is adjacent, with a skylight and 2-person, 7-jet Jacuzzi surrounded by tropical plants.
Owl’s Hoot is a comfortable, well-appointed home…not another cookie-cutter, look-alike, strip-down rental unit. It is tastefully decorated with local works of art, antiques, comfortable furnishings, and thoughtful amenities for the discerning traveler. Our unique décor reflects the natural beauty and serenity of the mountain setting. Our guests are surprised to find the many extras that make Owl’s Hoot truly feel like a home away from home.
Let your pets and kids roam on the gated wraparound deck. Enjoy a picnic or glass of wine in the private pavilion. Listen for the owls calling to and fro late at night. Bask in the serenity of the meadow. And enjoy our private gazebo by the creek. This natural area is the ideal playground for children and pets!
No smoking inside (smoking allowed outside only, with butts disposed of properly)
Pets welcome (with fee)
Handicapped friendly – wheelchair accessible
Secluded, wooded view
- Spacious, wraparound furnished deck with gates to contain children and pets
- Covered, furnished pavilion with charcoal grill and porch swing
- 5-acre lower meadow with gazebo + adjacent 1-acre upper meadow
- Wood provided
Easy access and level parking
Sleeps up to 8
- 1 main level bedroom with queen bed
- 1 main level bedroom with 2 twin beds
- Loft bedroom with queen bed and antique daybed
- Sleeper sofa in living room, plus memory foam topper
- All beds have memory foam mattresses and protection from bed bugs and allergens, with pillows, mattresses and box springs encased in protective covers
- Port-a-crib and pack ‘n play
Towels and linens provided
- Ceramic-top range and oven
- Full size refrigerator and freezer
- Coffee maker (drip style); gourmet Vienna coffee roasted locally near Townsend provided
- Electric tea kettle; assortment of teas provided
- Toaster, blender, and mixer
- Plenty of dishes, utensils, cookware, bakeware, etc.
- Basic spices, detergents, cleaning supplies, trash bags, and ample paper products provided
Washer and dryer, iron
2 spacious baths
- 1 with tub/shower combo
- 1 with indoor Jacuzzi
- Both with skylights
- Spa-grade, eco-friendly toiletries
- Reliable WiFi and cell phone coverage, in case you need to work or home school during your vacation
- Cable TV/Roku streaming TV
- 3 cable TVs and DVD player
- Local guides, maps, and resource books
- Novels, magazines, DVDs
- Games, puzzles, and toys
Rental Agreement and Policies
Fees, Additional Rate and Availability Information
- Base rates are for up to 4 people. No charge for children under 2.
- Add $10/night ($60/week) for additional people.
- Add 14.75% local & state taxes.
- Add $115 cleaning/sanitizing fee.
- Pet fee: $85 for 1 pet, $110 for 2, $135 for 3.
- Weekly minimum for summer is from Saturday to Saturday.
- Some rates and fees are less if you book directly with Smokies Cabins rather than VRBO or TripAdvisor, which also charge a 10-15% booking fee.
Smokies Cabins is proud to have been named a Vrbo Premier Host and awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
More than two-thirds of our guests are repeat renters, and we have more than 150 5-star reviews, attesting to the high quality and value of our accommodations.
Check our reviews on any site, but remember to come back to SmokiesCabins.com to save 10-15% on your booking.
Owl’s Hoot is a beautiful chalet, lovingly cared for and shared by gracious owners. In a wonderful location,whether you want to enjoy the serenity of the chalet and the wrap around deck overlooking a lovely meadow or the many attractions, conveniently located close by, Owl’s Hoot is the “Perfect Place”. Owl’s Hoot is truly a home away from home, not just a rental. Perfect for everyone, young, old and your furry friend as well!
Owl’s Hoot is an excellent place to stay when you want to be on the “Peaceful side of the Smoky’s” We always enjoy staying there. we all can sit together or the teenagers go to their rooms. Plenty of space. The meadow is really attractive if you have young children. They can run and play there.Of course it is not too far from Cades Cove. We will be there again.
Whether we are hiking or doing photography work in the GSMNP, we always stay on the Townsend side. Our group of eight stayed at this beautiful property earlier this month. Everyone enjoyed the comfortable accommodations, spacious acreage and the abundance of wildlife. This property is only a short drive from Cades Cove where you have access to an abundace of wildlife for your viewing pleasure or photography work. There is also access to many trails on this side of the park. Myra and Rob have provided a very nice place to stay while visiting the Smokies and are very gracious host. We plan on booking one of their properties again in the future.
Was so excited to come to Owl’s Hoot for Memorial Day weekend. Due to an unforeseen circumstance( busted water pipe) was unable to stay the first two nights. We love Owl’s Hoot and was so disappointed . However Rob and Myra worked very hard to find us a place to stay for those two nights. Rob worked for 2 days tirelessly to get the place ready for us to stay. Was so excited to gat the call that we could stay the next 2 1/2 days! Thank you for working so hard. We really enjoyed our time there and will definitely be back sometime in the fall!
We had a wonderful stay at Owls Hoot Chalet! We loved everything about it… Beautiful view & landscaping, big enclosed porches, fully furnished, big place for our 4-legged kid to play & throw a frisbee… creek & field. Rob & Myra have a great place for families & friends to stay in beautiful Townsend TN. It’s close the town with lots to do around there. Thanks for an awesome place to rent, it felt like home! We are already booked up for next year!! This place is a must!!